Username: Password: Remember me
General topics

TOPIC: subversion merge/checkout fails

subversion merge/checkout fails 3 years 11 months ago #1435

• Bert van Ulft
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Dear all,

a large merge step with subversion for the climate version of HARMONIE consistently fails on my KNMI workstation. Sometimes, svn just hangs, other times I get the error:
svn: E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression

Also, sometimes when I do a checkout on my workstation I get the error:
svn: E140001: zlib (uncompress): corrupt data: Decompression of svndiff data failed

On my notebook at home (same but newer linux distribution) both the merge and checkout can be performed without any problem. So it seems to be related to some network/subversion setting at the KNMI. Our linux support people are looking into this, but don't have a solution yet.
Please let me know if you have experienced this before and/or know the solution.

best wishes,

Bert

subversion merge/checkout fails 3 years 11 months ago #1436

Please check the versions of svn client and our svn server. Some version inconsistency could create these kind of errors.

Regards,

Daniel

subversion merge/checkout fails 3 years 11 months ago #1437

• Bert van Ulft
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Thanks Daniel,

At the KNMI we have version 1.8.13, but I don't know how to get the version number on the HIRLAM svn server.
At home (where everything works fine) I have version 1.9.3. I installed that version locally on my KNMI workstation, but I still could not checkout/merge successfully. So I don't think it is related to the svn version, but rather has something to do with security settings at the KNMI.

best wishes,

Bert

subversion merge/checkout fails 3 years 11 months ago #1439

Bert,

You can know the version of our svn server using the web browser svn.hirlam.org with you user and pass:

/ - Revision 14665: /

branches/
tags/
trunk/
vendor/