Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General topics

TOPIC: Td > T in HARMONIE pseudotemp

Td > T in HARMONIE pseudotemp 4 years 6 months ago #1380

Our forecasters sent this pseudotemp from HARMONIE in which Td > T for several model levels. Td is calculated with the NINJO presentation software, so this is probably where the error lies. Our NINJO colleagues, however, say that they have not seen this error in HIRLAM pseudotemps and expect that something is wrong with the HARMONIE output of T and q. Does anyone have an idea how this error could arise?
Attachments:

Td > T in HARMONIE pseudotemp 4 years 5 months ago #1390

• Ulf Andrae
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 30
Kristian,

I don't have any good explanation but I'm curious to know if you have found the reason yet? Are there differences in saturation tables between NINJO and HARMONIE? What happens if you take the file and calculate Td with "HARMONIE methods"?

Ulf

Td > T in HARMONIE pseudotemp 4 years 5 months ago #1391

It seems that the plotting software (NINJO) used by our forecasters do not use data from all of the 65 vertical levels from our HARMONIE DKA run to make the pseudotemp profiles. This, and interpolation of the profiles, could well be the reason for the strange pseudotemps. For HIRLAM SKA the problem is not seen and data from all 65 levels are used. When NINJO's data management is updated to include data from all levels we will now for sure.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds