Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Forum on radar data usage

TOPIC: Radar Data in Polar form

Radar Data in Polar form 7 years 5 months ago #151

Hi,

I've just learned that there is a new HARMONIE branch for developments in radar data pre-processing.
What's the name of this new branch?

Carlos

Re:Radar Data in Polar form 7 years 5 months ago #152

• Xiaohua Yang
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
From
hirlam.org/trac/browser/branches
one can see a new branch started by Ulf 6 days ago called
"harmonie-36h1.3_radar"

One may use
svn co svn.hirlam.org/branches/harmonie-36h1.3_radar
to download

Re:Radar Data in Polar form 7 years 5 months ago #156

• Ulf Andrae
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
The branch is created to enable efficient development between those working with radar. Martin Ridal will commit his basic setup soon and after this it makes sense to start using the branch. I'll keep a copy updated at ECMWF as well.

Ulf

Radar Data in model 4 years 10 months ago #1182

Hi.
My name is Michal. Im from SHMU, Slovakia. Iwork on radar assimilation and I would like to know if is somewhere some open radar discussion here in forum. Or discussion to CONRAD. Thanks

Radar Data in model 4 years 10 months ago #1183

• Ulf Andrae
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Dear Michal,

There is no very lively discussion at the moment in the forum. If you need up to date information about radar usage in HARMONIE please contact Martin Ridal at SMHI.

Ulf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michal Nestiak

Radar Data in model 4 years 7 months ago #1198

• jan barkmeijer
Dear all,

I agree with Ulf that the discussion is not very lively at the moment. It would be good to have some form of exchange of results (c.f. Fog group) on this topic, being an important source of observations. Also experience with 'operational' settings, e.g. on thinning, would be welcome. At the moment we have switched off the use of all radar data in an experimental suite, apart from radial wind data from 2 NL radars due HPC memory problems during the minimization.

Many thanks,
Jan

Radar Data in model 4 years 7 months ago #1199

Hi Jan & all,
I think discussion is on some level but only with Norway, Finland, Sweden collegues (true is I send email only when Im not able something solve for longer time).They are very helpful. Inside RC LACE (Hungary (Mate & Roland Steib) , Slovakia (me), Croatia (Tomislav Kovacic, Antonio Stanesic) and now starts Austria (Florian Meier) something do with radars.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Michal Nestiak.

Radar Data in model 4 years 7 months ago #1201

I would like to encourage all colleagues to use the Forum for the discussion.
The more people will use the Forum to share results the more active it becomes. We indeed are working too isolated and repeating often the same mistakes. Regarding experience with CONRAD, I think it is the best to contact Malte Muller This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ( and Roger This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ). CONRAD is developed at met.no and is used quite much there.

Jelena
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds